Sunday, March 10, 2013

It's Almost Over!!

After another round of MRIs in October, they decided I did have dequervain's tenosynovitis. In December, I was sent to surgery to fix it. Oh, that was just so much fun. Several weeks in a cast that went from fingertips to elbow is not recommended. I am now in occupational therapy to regain as much use of my right hand as possible. While I can tell it's not perfect, I can knit, crochet, and quilt again. I'd love to say the pain is gone, but I'm starting to think it might be permanent. However, I was reading that it can take several months for the sheath they cut open to fully heal. I am waiting for that to happen and then I'll make my final decision.

Awhile back, I started project after project. Mid-February, I started to feel overwhelmed by them all and decided I needed to finish things up! Darn it. I went looking for pictures and they seem to have all vanished. That's not cool. :-P  I guess I figure once I post them on Ravelry, I'm good to go. I need to see if I can reclaim those.

However, I have finished a cowl, a scarf, a pair of baby socks, an Advent Scarf, and I was busy working on a lace shawl when I screwed up a row royally and ended up putting it down when it became obvious I'd have to unknit a row, again. :-P  At that point, I switched to quilting. I have gotten a lot done there as well.  When I get going on something, I tend to abandon it partway through the process.  I have no idea why I do that.  But I had two quilts in partially pieced status and two quilts that need quilted. We won't talk about all of the other quilt tops that need quilting because, lucky for me, they are still stuffed somewhere from our move three years ago. hehehe I have finished piecing a quilt and it's layered and ready for quilting. I've added a few blocks to the other quilt being pieced. I've also started to prep another quilt backing to layer another quilt. I'll wait to do that until this other quilt is quilted. It keeps the cats out of the batting. ;-)

Ooh! I found the picture of the baby socks, so I'll show those off. I have since learned that you need to do both socks at the same time so that you have a better memory of what you did.  But, the point is, they're FINISHED!


I'll need to take photos of all the other stuff.  I'm not even sure I snagged finished photos of a few of them.  So, be prepared for "finished project photos" post before long.  Or at least, that's my plan. We'll see if I actually get there. hehehe  Now, it's time to finish procrastinating and get going on that quilt. It won't get finished just sitting there. I know this from experience. :-D

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin, I'm Emily! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog!
    ewalsh874{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete