Saturday, March 16, 2013

Balancing Life

Lately, I've been trying to balance out the fact that it's spring here in TX already with my hobbies that require me to mainly be inside. The weather has been gorgeous, so we have been outside more as a family. As a matter of fact, we're in the process of learning how to play golf. :-D

During the day, if I can find the time, I've been quilting lately. I have so many tops waiting to be finished that it would be lovely to see them in that stage. I've been taking lots of quilting classes via Craftsy and they are inspiring me to keep going even though the actual quilting isn't my favorite part of the process.

In the evenings, I've been working on whatever knitting project I feel like working on at the time.  As I have 11 projects going at the moment, I have a fairly wide range to choose from. Lately, I've been focusing on my Dinner in the Eiffel Tower shawl. It's a lovely DK weight shawl. I'm using a rayon/bamboo blend, so this should be interesting to block.


This is the last photo I took of the shawl way back when. I'm now within 13 rows of finishing and should see it done by the end of  this month. It's done what all shawls do. It has bunched up on the needles so it's next to impossible to get a pretty photo of it.  However, when it's off the needles, a new picture will definitely be put up.

I am starting to think I need a hand-held steamer to help with these man-made fibers I'm using more of. I'm sensitive to wool and allergic to many other natural animal fibers, so I get the joy of playing with unusual fibers. Many of them apparently block the best with steam, so it might not be a bad investment in the end.

Well, if I want to see anything done, I'd better get my tail end off the computer. :-D  I hear a sewing machine calling my name. Or is that the coffee pot? Either way.... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment