Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Another One Bites the Dust

Yes, I realize that's a song title from way back when (dating myself here), but that's okay. It applies!  I started Dinner in the Eiffel Tower back in November of last year and I'm happy to say it left the needles last night. Whoo hoo!  I still need to weave in the ends and get it blocked, but I'll take what I can get.  To block it, I'll need a hand-held steamer anyway. It's rayon with a touch of bamboo and that means it won't take a 'traditional' blocking. By that, I mean dunking it in water and stretching it out won't do any good at all.  Most man-made fibers need to be "killed" to hold their shape. Darn allergies make it hard for me to work with animal fibers. I'll still work with wool as I can, but since I can't wear it, it's kind of pointless. lol


For some unknown reason, my phone was taking photos upside down last night. I think it had something to do with the fact it was low on battery.  However, you get the general idea. This is unblocked and the yarn is definitely a darker brown. I think it will be gorgeous blocked.  I'm hoping to run out and get a steamer later this evening. I'd love to see the two acrylic/rayon projects I have finished well... finished. :-D

I'm now getting ready to tackle a cardigan that's been on the needles for over a year. I'm working on the lace collar now. When that's finished, it will be time to work on the sleeves. I'm not sure how long that will take to get finished, but I hope before the project itself turns 2 years old. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment